Given that Microsoft's SharePoint platform has become a mission critical application where business operations just cannot run without complete up time of this technology, disaster recovery is one of the most important topics when it comes to SharePoint. Yet, support and an appropriate approach for this technology are still difficult to come by, and are often vulnerable to technical oversight and assumptions.
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Disaster Recovery Guide looks at SharePoint disaster recovery and breaks down the mystery and confusion that surrounds what is a vital activity to any technical deployment. This book provides a holistic approach with practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of the new 2013 functionality and cloud technologies.
You will also learn how to plan, test, and deploy a disaster recovery environment using SharePoint, Windows Server, and SQL tools. We will also take a look at datasets and custom development. If you want to have an approach to disaster recovery that gives you peace of mind, then this is the book for you.
- Design, implement, test, and execute solid disaster recovery plans for your SharePoint environment with this essential guide
- Learn out of the box backup and restore procedures
- Implement a solid disaster recovery strategy for custom development environments
- A quick hands on guide to get familiar with procedures to secure your data
- Learn why disaster recovery is a struggle to understand and implement
- Learn how to support optimized application recovery times with tiered service levels
- Inherit a mission critical environment that has no disaster recovery plans
- Get familiar with backup and restore procedures that are available to an administrator as well as the pros and cons of each
- Learn about Disaster recovery in regards to virtualization and the cloud
- Architect data in SharePoint with disaster recovery in mind
- Build confidence and refine disaster recovery plans with more frequent testing
- Create a theme for use with your video player