Have you ever had the need to print a day's activity from a SharePoint calendar, or any other list/library, in an easy to read format?
There are a few options to accomplish this task (I will cover just a few).
- Create a new list view - good for a single calendar (does not scale well - requires creating a new view for each calendar)
- Add a new feature providing a print ability for every list/library from the 'Actions' > 'Print' menu. http://www.spelements.com/spelements.com/spprint
- If it is a single list/library/calendar AND you are using Outlook, you can import the list/library/calendar into Outlook and print the same format as Outlook calendars:
- Open SharePoint Calendar in Outlook
- Open the calendar that you want to print on the SharePoint website.
- Click "Connect to Outlook" in the "Actions" group on the "Calendar" tab.
- Click "Allow" to confirm that you want to allow the SharePoint website to open Outlook on your computer. Outlook automatically opens.
- Click "Yes" to confirm that you want the SharePoint calendar to connect to Outlook. The SharePoint calendar automatically appears in Outlook under "Other Calendars."
- Print the SharePoint
- Click "Other Calendars" in the navigation pane in the left side of the window. Click the SharePoint calendar to open it.
- Click the "File" tab in Microsoft Outlook, then click "Print."
- Select "Calendar Details" style under "Print What" to print the complete details of the SharePoint calendar.
- Click "Print Options" to select print options such as the date range or printing a specific page. Click "Print" after selecting your options to print the SharePoint calendar.